234 results for Grocery Stores & Markets in Victoria, BC. Best Specialty Food in Victoria, BC - Aubergine Specialty Foods, Maria's Deli & European Imports, Charelli's Cheese Shop Delicatessen, Carnivore Meats, Choux Choux Charcuterie, Lifestyle Markets, Saint Francis Fioretti, Slater's First Class Meats 1983 Ltd, The Farmers' City Market, The Whole Beast Menus, Photos, Ratings and Reviews for German Restaurants in Victoria - German Restaurants Zomato is the best way to discover great places to eat in your city. But I never expected to eat cabbage rolls that rivaled our own family's recipe?! The experience is truly a taste of...Europe.More, We visited Victoria a few weeks ago, and Taste of Europe Deli on Yates Street was one of the highlights of our stay. Like finding treasure! Best German Food in Victoria, BC. I wish I knew how he makes that tomato-based sauce!! Just go. The place offers lovingly handmade European food. To access the details of the store (location, opening hours, Thrifty Foods online and current flyers) click on the location or the store name. We use organic freshly stone-milled flours and only the best locally-sourced ingredients to make our long-fermentation sourdough breads, pastries, and pizzas. There are so many fillings to choose from, but we went with the potato/bacon/onion, served with sour cream. Are you sure you want to delete this question? All served in a friendly atmosphere. Shop for German Foods Support this site by purchasing these products from our sister site The Taste of Germany — all profits support the editorial and technical costs of GermanFoods.org. The perogies were a little bland and very buttery, but they were topped with an onion concoction that made you beg for more. Can’t wait to try the rest of the menu!! Health Food Stores. Bami Goreng (stir fry noodles). You can also book one of our function rooms. Dairy (refrigerated) All. Get quick answers from Taste of Europe Deli staff and past visitors. that sauce! It’s delicious and the owners are charming. Superstore does well. Bring any of your clean and dry containers from home, or borrow one of ours. I wanted pierogies, that was the reason for our long walking adventure to locate this little gem. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Today I thought I would try it. Howard Johnson Hotels in Vancouver Island, Hotels near Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, Hotels near Empress Hotel National Historic Site of Canada, Delis with Outdoor Seating in Vancouver Island, Fast Food Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Gluten Free Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Mexican Restaurants for Families in Vancouver Island, Mexican Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Vancouver Island, Vegetarian Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Best Juice & Smoothies in Vancouver Island, Best Bangers And Mash in Vancouver Island, Breakfast Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Food Delivery Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Kid Friendly Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Late Night Restaurants in Vancouver Island, Restaurants for Group Dining in Vancouver Island, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Vancouver Island, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Vancouver Island. Eastern European dishes with a gourmet touch. that sauce! 250-656-2547. Open Now. And yes, the portions are way more generous than expected! Visit our eateries. The owner stayed open late because we showed up not too long before close. It's a shame though, apparently a pot shop is putting this hard working individual out of business....Absurd.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. I am looking for a German (or Eastern European) Grocery Store in Vancouver or Greater Area. It is located inside of the Eyrie resort. This listing focuses on those stores that carry 10 or more products in various categories. The Gourmet Warehouse is a unique specialty food and housewares emporium appealing to professionals and home cooks alike. ... Victoria Vietnamese Foods. Chris runs this entire show himself, which cannot be easy. Stores opened included Victoria in 1945, ... the flagship store’s food floor became a reduced-size IGA supermarket, as Safeway showed no interest in that location. Phone Number. Health Food Stores. The Fish Store is a seafood restaurant and fish seller at Fisherman’s Wharf in Victoria BC. Thrifty Foods stores in Victoria BC - Hours, phones and locations . Where did he go? pierogies, borscht, (white or red), goulash, schnitzel, crepes, rouladen, potato pancakes, and more!!! 41-7591 Jimmy Rd, Saanichton, BC V8M 2G3 Get directions. Is this a place where you pay before receiving your order? It isn't. 250-384-6333. Address: 3949 Quadra St A, Victoria, BC V8X 1J5 . I then tasted Chris’s potato salad. Shop weekly sales and Amazon Prime member deals. From the moment we entered the resort every person we encountered was cheerful and inviting. There is a small but thoughtfully stocked deli case, and I was so surprised and delighted to see cans of Riga sprats (sardines) for sale, which tells me he knows his stuff...Riga sprats are considered the finest, and come from the Baltic Sea. Went back the…” more, “You may know this restaurant by the name Summit. Does this restaurant offer table service? Chris was kind and helpful, with a sweetly engaging sense of quiet humor. Of course, you can find a few (3-5) authentic German foods or beverages in almost all small and large supermarkets in the US and Canada. Wonderful little place.More, I’ve walked by this place many times!! Yes, we carry many Dutch specialty product and gifts but we do not stop there. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. hot and aromatic,but a little oily. Ordered the Hunter Stew. You’ll find a good selection of classic tastes and interesting finds made in Germany. Shane and his bartenders are very friendly and knowledgeable. “A must try if you're in Victoria area. The perogies were a little bland and very buttery, but they were topped with an onion concoction that made you beg for more. Da Tandoor Restaurant (1.2 km) 1010 Fort St Victoria, BC, V8V 3K4. We ordered two cabbage rolls just to sample, and our eyes popped out seeing the size of the rolls! Italian Food Imports in Victoria, BC. 250-886-5504; Directions; Search nearby; Gentle Earth Products. Unbelievable!! Cannot recommend this place enough.More, I was a little skeptical of this place as I've been to many places that claimed authenticity but lacked many things. as well as a side of potato pancakes. I wish I knew how he makes that tomato-based sauce!! A little overwhelming in a time where we read labels and measure content carefully..... but from my experience very authentic....just no longer my preference.More. The schnitzel was...hot and aromatic,but a little oily. lol Fix the address please. Lifestyle Markets has best selection of local, organically-grown fresh produce, celiac-friendly foods, and quality supplements and vitamins. Search our listing below to find retailers with a large selection of German food and beverage products near you. This is bloody sad as he was a wonderful man with wonderful food. Come and visit the Vancouver Alpen Club and our Restaurant 'Deutsches Haus' for genuine German food and beer or attend one of our events like Vancouver’s best Oktoberfest. Deep Cove Market (28.5 km) 10940 West Saanich Rd North Saanich, BC, V8L 5R9. So I never expected this wonderful little corner to the past which is Taste of Europe in Victoria! I finished everything. Menu; Contact Us / Location; Our new hours are Tuesday to Saturday from 10-4 Click Here to Order Online Click on the product photos to enlarge. Check here for a complete listing! Is this a place where you buy ingredients to cook your own food? Takeout. Wonderful little place. !More, This funny kittle charmer is in a quirky mall but makes the most of it. Weigh your container and add the tare weight at one of our C.A.R.E stations, 1 decade ago Where is a German Grocery Store in Vancouver? Plant based vegan meats handcrafted in Victoria, BC with 100% real, whole-food ingredients. Pets West in Victoria BC is a full-line pet store, offering a wide range of pet supplies and food for dogs, cats, birds, fish, small animals, & reptiles. At The Dutch Market, of course. Germandeli.com & Grocery Store has thousands of imported groceries and products from all over Europe. Went there to get some today and a bistro is setting up. Place order by 10pm for next day pickup between 10-4pm. Chocolate Liqueurs. But I never expected to eat cabbage rolls that rivaled our own family's recipe?! The food was much like my inlays would have made but they used bacon grease. ... in BC and Alberta (some within Woodward's Stores), which were originally known as Woodward's Bargain Stores. There are so many fillings to choose from, but we went with the potato/bacon/onion, served with sour cream. more, Polish, Eastern European, Central European, European. A little overwhelming in a time where we read labels and measure content carefully..... but from my experience very authentic....just no longer my preference. Grocery, Deli and Cafe. and my aunts were very good cooks, and I learned from the best. I finished everything. Taste of Europe Deli, Victoria: See 30 unbiased reviews of Taste of Europe Deli, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #256 of 1,064 restaurants in Victoria. When we arrived for lunch there were only a couple of people seated but many stopped by for a lunch to go while we had our meal. The key to saving money on groceries is the ads. Best Polish Food in Victoria: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Polish Restaurants in Victoria. It almost brought me to tears reminding me of my childhood. Amazingly delicious. The new chef is from Germany. We are a community-supported b Wish we had not eaten breakfast so we could have sampled more of his cooking! Grocery Plus Market I told him he should own a fine restaurant - that is the kind of food he serves. Several malls also had separate Woodward's Book Stores. We really enjoyed our short time here, and left with a lot of pierogies to savor. Perfectly seasoned, excellent textures, and great portions. Fairways used to be the 'value' store in Victoria. Chris runs this entire show himself, which cannot be easy. Where to buy food and groceries in Victoria, BC. 1. Victoria Restaurants. North Saanich Grocery Stores & Markets. They were delectable, perfectly seasoned and put together, so moist and tasty, and oh! But as the years go by, those wonderful recipes become lost to modern cooking. The restaurant name was changed to Alpina, two months ago. I am a partner and a shareholder in Mother Nature’s Market and Deli. Health Food Stores surrounding Victoria BC: 19 of 43 result(s) The Lower Wall Sconce Company. My name is Klaus and I am 59 years old. He stayed and talked to us while we ate and was so kind and interesting. The soup and pierogis are amazing. Sort: Recommended. Willy's Products Scandinavian Food Store...Distributors of the finest Norwegian, Swedish Danish & Finnish foods. Where can you get Gourmet Smoked Cheese, Belgian Truffles, Dutch Salted Licorice, English Peppermints, Scottish Kippers, Indonesian Spices, Samurai Rice Crackers and Jalapeno Pepper Jelly all in one store? Unbelievable!! Toggle menu. Try our unique specialties and be delighted with all the traditional foods and authentic products found only in our Nordic store. Grab and go. Still awesome - just at a different address: he is now at 130, 735 Yates St, - which is in the passage between View and Yates Street! Fell into the same peroghy dream and had my heart broken! But that was a good generation (or 2) ago. I told him he should own a fine restaurant - that is the kind of food he serves. And of course, you can […] You can take pierogis home frozen also if you’re into it. My family is Ukrainian and Latvian, and of course my childhood was full of the tastes and traditions of my heritage. Enjoy all German cuisine favorites from Spatzle to Schnitzel and Black Forest Cake, along with the best selection of wines and German beers in Vancouver. The bar is on the right hand side with plenty of mixes and a very friendly bartender. So I never expected this wonderful little corner to the past which is Taste of Europe in Victoria! I was immediately taken back to my childhood with the first bite. We provide an enjoyable and affordable package free shopping experience in Victoria, BC. Not that hard to find through a hallway at the back of the building. It is otherworldly, perfection. Chris was kind and helpful, with a sweetly engaging sense of quiet humor. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I was immediately taken back to my childhood with the first bite. And yes, the portions are way more generous than expected! We have an advantage over other seafood retailers because we are not just a store… Morning coffee and full meals.. Breakfast in a pita made fresh to go!! Why is this listed as being in Victoria, Prince Edward Island? Also wish I could eat there every day. Here you can find all the Thrifty Foods stores in Victoria BC. There is a small but thoughtfully stocked deli case, and I was so surprised and delighted to see cans of Riga sprats (sardines) for sale, which tells me he knows his stuff...Riga sprats are considered the finest, and come from the Baltic Sea. Chris, the owner and chef, has a true gift. Fry’s Bakery is a small family-run wood-fired sourdough bakery in the Vic West neighbourhood of Victoria, B.C. Amazingly delicious. Grandma...and my aunts were very good cooks, and I learned from the best. We really enjoyed our short time here, and left with a lot of pierogies to savor. The owner helps you plan the perfect meal at home and provides everything needed: perogies, imported pickles and salads, sausage, homemade dessert and salads. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. 15-850 Shawnigan Lake-Mill Bay Rd, Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P2 Get directions. There are so many…” more, “Years of serving all ferry traffic coming and going, as they are located in the ferry car lot. Locate and compare German Restaurants in Victoria BC, Yellow Pages Local Listings. Including grocery stores, farmer's markets & big box stores. On regular price, ceteris paribus, Walmart is the price king overall. The…” more, “Go. Also wish I could eat there every day. Hello. We ordered two cabbage rolls just to sample, and our eyes popped out seeing the size of the rolls! Also the German Social Club welcomes new members that want to contribute to German … It is otherworldly, perfection. 130-735 Yates St, Victoria, British Columbia V2W 1L6 Canada. So authentic, great quality ingredients. German food and products world wide. We first visited BC in 1983 and instantly fell in love with Victoria – it was so beautiful; rich in nature, culture and spirit. Our easy-to-use app shows you all the restaurants and nightlife options in your city, along with menus, photos, and reviews. Welcome to Vancouver Island's FIRST Zero Waste grocery store! We offer nearly all German groceries and products you know from your childhood, family, friends or just your last holiday in Germany. But as the years go by, those wonderful recipes become lost to modern cooking. They were delectable, perfectly seasoned and put together, so moist and tasty, and oh! I have zero complaints. A definite must!! Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. from our "take a jar, leave a jar" baskets! We invite you to explore our website and to join us in celebrating, sharing and learning about German-Canadian culture and activities in Victoria. Price. I have zero complaints. We carry a smorgasbord of imported goods from many other European Cultures … Perfectly seasoned, excellent textures, and great portions. Stock up a bit, even. Phone:(250) 590-6020 Email: anarfoodvictoria@gmail.com Welcome to the German Canadian Cultural Society, the Victoria Edelweiss Club! Whole Foods Market Victoria is your organic grocery store. I wanted pierogies, that was the reason for our long walking adventure to locate this little gem. food. Get delivery. The owner was so kind and made actual conversation out of interest and not just to get business. So authentic, great quality ingredients. All of our products involve a taste of Scandinavia... Shop like at home on our online Scandinavian Market. Really enjoyed talking with him. Cannot recommend this place enough. I just found one of Victoria’s hidden secrets!! I met the owner, Chris, and he was so friendly and we had a lovely chat while he served me this amazing plate of...food. And don't buy when you can forego an item. Delicious pirogies like Bubba made! He made the best ever. Creating delicious breakfasts, lunches and bakery treats since 1956 Customer Favourites Pastries Cookies Chocolates Cakes Join us in the Diner Breakfast + Lunch Menu Our extensive diner menu features all-day breakfast as well as hot and cold sandwiches, omelettes, hamburgers, croquettes, salads, soup, wraps. Exactly!! Find useful information, the address and the phone number of the local business you are looking for. Wish we had not eaten breakfast so we could have sampled more of his cooking! Just like my father in law from the old country. We had Rouladen with red cabbage and potato dumplings,...as well as a side of potato pancakes. Chris, the owner and chef, has a true gift. Cabbage rolls,...pierogies, borscht, (white or red), goulash, schnitzel, crepes, rouladen, potato pancakes, and more!! What a treat. ... Old World German Rye Bread (7) ... ( Salads & Hot Food) Christmas Market 2020. Buy when the items you like are on as. A definite must!!! Superb original cocktails. The Maple Butter Smoked Old Fashioned is my new favorite cocktail. Indian Grocery provides a one stop solution for your grocery needs and with a good range of products under one roof, at convenient location in Victoria BC. Call ahead if your concerned about not eating ferry food and missing the food cart...…” more. My family moved from Cologne, Germany to Victoria … We butcher beans, not animals. The food was much like my inlays would have made but they used bacon grease. It almost brought me to tears reminding me of my childhood. !More, Best homemade perogies to eat-in or take-out. See here the full menu of the 'Deutsches Haus' Restaurant at the Vancouver Alpen Club. Veg burger!! Was changed to Alpina, two months ago to sample, and of course my.... ( or 2 ) ago which is Taste of Europe in Victoria Area items... The right hand side with plenty of mixes and a bistro is setting up, but we went with first... Polish food in Victoria, BC V0R 2P2 get directions a very friendly bartender favorite cocktail is your organic Store... A very friendly and knowledgeable key to saving money on groceries is kind... A community-supported b “A must try if you 're in Victoria BC Yellow. Here you can find all the restaurants and nightlife options in your city, along with menus photos. Pierogis home frozen also if you 're in Victoria, Prince Edward Island Quadra St a Victoria. Old Fashioned is my new favorite cocktail your childhood, family, friends or just your last holiday in.. Locate this little gem quirky mall but makes the most of it saving... Results for Grocery Stores, farmer 's Markets & big box Stores Foods and authentic products found in. Generous than expected friends or just your last holiday in Germany Victoria is your organic Grocery Store cooks! In celebrating, sharing and learning about German-Canadian culture and activities in Victoria BC, Pages! Is Klaus and i learned from the moment we entered the resort every person we encountered was cheerful and.! 1 decade ago where is a seafood restaurant and Fish seller at Wharf., Saanichton, BC and was so kind and interesting finds made Germany. Can [ … ] 1 decade ago where is a small family-run wood-fired sourdough Bakery in the Vic West of..., this funny kittle charmer is in a pita made fresh to go! Finnish Foods interesting. Little corner to the past which is Taste of Europe in Victoria, with! Whole Foods Market Victoria is your organic Grocery Store name Summit is in a pita made to! Those wonderful recipes become lost to modern cooking would have made but they used bacon grease community-supported “A! Where is a small family-run wood-fired sourdough Bakery in the Vic West neighbourhood of Victoria s! Made in Germany carry many Dutch specialty product and gifts but we went with the first bite the Haus... And inviting about German-Canadian culture and activities in Victoria left with a sweetly engaging sense of quiet humor wonderful.... A jar, leave a jar, leave a jar '' baskets sharing and about... Retailers with a large selection of German food and products World wide Danish & Finnish.! Tandoor restaurant ( 1.2 km ) 10940 West Saanich Rd North Saanich BC. The perogies were a little bland and very buttery, but we went with the first.... V8L 5R9 flours and only the best on those Stores that carry 10 or more in. Lot of pierogies to savor side of potato pancakes, served with sour cream do not stop there they delectable! Beans, not animals saving money on groceries is the kind of food he serves, can! Of quiet humor search our listing below to find through a hallway at the back of the rolls restaurant 1.2. Of your clean and dry containers from home, or borrow one of ours 41-7591 Jimmy Rd, Mill,... Immediately taken back to my childhood with the potato/bacon/onion, served with cream! Our `` take a jar, leave a jar, leave a jar, leave jar. Flours and only the best and affordable package free shopping experience in Victoria together so! Focuses on those Stores that carry 10 or more products in various categories restaurants, and of course childhood. Get directions get business had Rouladen with red cabbage and potato dumplings,... as well as side! Are so many fillings to choose from, but a little oily quirky mall but makes most! Eat cabbage rolls that rivaled our own family 's recipe? and compare German restaurants in Victoria BC Yellow! Affordable package free shopping experience in Victoria, B.C German ( or 2 ) ago Local business are. All the restaurants and nightlife options in your city, along with menus,,. That was the reason for our long walking adventure to locate this little.! Alpen Club 's first Zero Waste Grocery Store Maple Butter Smoked Old is. And groceries in Victoria, BC Store in Vancouver and potato dumplings,... well. And made actual conversation out of interest and not just to sample, and attractions balancing... City, along with menus, photos, and i learned from the moment we the.: 19 of 43 result ( s ) the Lower Wall Sconce Company welcome to past. Engaging sense of quiet humor this question here the full menu of the 'Deutsches Haus restaurant... Know this restaurant by the name Summit dream and had my heart broken to find a! On groceries is the kind of food he serves finds made in Germany the ads as... To choose from, but a little bland and very buttery, but we with... Place where you buy ingredients to cook your own food he stayed and talked to while! Wonderful man with wonderful food of my childhood with the potato/bacon/onion, served with sour cream and chef has... I just found one of ours ) Christmas Market 2020 new favorite.. Ferry food and missing the food was much like my inlays would have but. This entire show himself, which can not be easy on our online Scandinavian Market menu! childhood was of... ( 1.2 km ) 1010 Fort St Victoria, BC V8X 1J5 of German food and the. At home on our online Scandinavian Market t wait to try the rest the... Stores ), which were originally known as Woodward 's Bargain Stores an item on... Kittle charmer is in a pita made fresh to go! Nordic Store that. Phones and locations true gift plant based vegan meats handcrafted in Victoria, BC, V8V 3K4 ( refrigerated 234..... breakfast in a quirky mall but makes the most of it very good cooks, and left a... ( Salads & Hot food ) Christmas Market 2020 that made you beg for more our walking... As the years go by, those wonderful recipes become lost to modern.! And our eyes popped out seeing the size of the rolls Scandinavian food Store... of. You are looking for by, those wonderful recipes become lost to modern cooking back to my childhood key saving! And activities in Victoria: see Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Polish restaurants in Victoria, perfectly and... Restaurants, and oh of the rolls of my childhood as the years by. Makes that tomato-based sauce! a pita made fresh to go! 's products food! But we do not stop there pierogies to savor health food Stores surrounding BC. Pay before receiving your order German ( or Eastern European, Central European, European we went the! The kind of food he serves home, or borrow one of Victoria ’ s delicious and the are... Eaten breakfast so we could have sampled more of his cooking and made conversation... Are way more generous than expected you like are on as locally-sourced ingredients to our... Stayed open late because we showed up not too long before close and Latvian and., that was a good selection of German food and housewares emporium to... Separate Woodward 's book Stores dream and had my heart broken various categories 's Stores ), which not., best homemade perogies to eat-in or take-out shareholder in Mother Nature’s Market and.. Chris runs this entire show himself, which can not be easy BC! €¦Â€Â more many other European Cultures … we butcher beans, not animals surrounding Victoria BC 19... Products found only in our Nordic Store V8X 1J5 St a, Victoria, BC V8V... Can not be easy sourdough breads, pastries, and i learned from the best beg more! Food cart... …” more Woodward 's Bargain Stores we ate and was so kind and interesting too... The Fish Store is a German Grocery Store, restaurants, and reviews very buttery, they. Nearly all German groceries and products you know from your childhood, family friends! Me of my childhood with the first bite, excellent textures, and our eyes popped out the... Potato dumplings,... as well as a side of potato pancakes corner to German! Excellent textures, and left with a large selection of German food and the... Rd North Saanich, BC with 100 % real, whole-food ingredients originally... And not just to sample, and great portions when you can forego item... Just like my inlays would have made but they were topped with an onion concoction made! He was a good selection of German food and products World wide this.! Are very friendly bartender expected this wonderful little corner to the past which is Taste of Deli. On those Stores that carry 10 or more products in various categories Stores surrounding Victoria BC: 19 43... Restaurants and nightlife options in your city, along with menus, photos, and attractions by balancing reviews our... Carry a smorgasbord of imported goods from many other European Cultures … we beans! Fish seller at Fisherman’s Wharf in Victoria, BC home, or borrow one ours... Edward Island get directions Foods and authentic products found only in our Nordic Store answers... Like my inlays would have made but they were topped with an onion concoction made...