https://www.bakingmad.com/recipe/pork-chops-in-sticky-plum-marinade https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/roast-pork-belly-with-spiced-plum-sauce.html To serve now: Place the Roasted Plum Sauce in a saucepan and gently warm over low heat until ready to serve. We all know Chinese Pork with the typical sweet and sour sauce, but Chinese pork with a rich, red, decadent plum sauce, now there is a different story. Learn how to cook great Pork with plum sauce recipe . Recipe by Mandy. It was easy and quick to make. ... tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. I cooked with wild rice and string beans with garlic. Recipes / Pork. Serve with pork, 5-Spice Chicken (or Tofu) or lamb! i brined the pork and after the initial searing, i cooked it in the sauce for only 5-10 minutes. These sweet and sticky pork ribs are simply delicious and ridiculously addictive. Once your ginger is mixed into your Plum Sauce, take the pork out of the oven. 1. Plum Pork Steaks. I did let mine ripen a couple or days before. I did cook the pork chops longer but they were thicker than what the recipe called for. Bring mixture to a brisk simmer, then reduce heat to medium low and allow to reduce for 8-10 minutes. 11. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the shallot and garlic until softened for 1-2 minutes. Maybe your plums weren't ripe? Cover and simmer very gently for 5 minutes until thick and soft. The onions and plums have to be cooked till carmelized and soft. Cover the dish and bake for 2 1⁄2 hrs. Stir in the soy sauce and five-spice powder and simmer for another couple of minutes. Heat gently, stirring, until simmering, then cook gently for 5 minutes. Remove pork from oven. 1 . Tighten the lid and freeze. 1 . Serve this sweet-tangy sauce with juicy pork chops that have been rubbed with aromatic five-spice powder and grilled. pork fillet with plum sauce. Meanwhile, prepare plum marinade. This recipe is great! Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes until soft and pulpy. Fantastic! It almost always has ginger, garlic and five spice in the ingredient list. 1 . Rinse plums, cut in half, and pit. Cut remaining fruit into chunks and drop into a blender or food processor; whirl until puréed. Transfer pork to a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; coat with about 1/2 cup plum sauce and use a spoon to spread it around on the pork. I cover bottom of my slow cooker with Worcestershire sauce, rub my roast with special blend of spices ( can use seasoning salt)…. Serves 6 While the pork is roasting, make the spiced plum sauce. Place plums and syrup in food processor or blender. 2. Jun 25, 2020 – Pork in Plum sauce is a simple recipe that pairs pork chops or tenderloin in a sweet and savory plum sauce made with just 6 ingredients. Plum sauce is very versatile. Use firmer plums for a tangier sauce.For a sweeter sauce, use ripe plums. Stir-fry pork in batches for 2 minutes or until golden. Freeze: Let cool, then place in a mason jar with at least an inch of headroom for expansion. Chinese Pork can be anything from pork mince, pork belly, chops or fillets. Serve the pork with the spiced plum sauce. I searched the net for plum sauce recipes and found this little gem. Place the sugar, vinegar, chillies, star-anise and cinnamon in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat and bring to a simmer. A sweet or savory plum sauce pairs well with meats like chicken, pork and lamb.Asian-inspired dishes, particularly ones mixed with apple or ginger flavors, are enhanced with a plum sauce.Desserts like cobblers, crisps or ice cream are easily complemented with the sweet or tart combination from plum sauce. I used 1 1/2 red onion because I like onion and 5 plums. The thick and smooth texture makes the plum sauce perfect for coating each and every fried golden brown pork ribs, thus making the meat really tender and the pork … Cook for 2-3 minutes until the plums are soft and the chops are cooked through. Add the plums and cook, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until just soft and the sauce has reduced. https://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/2018/07/plum-sauce-recipe.html Add the plums and sugar. Add 1/3 cup plum sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and chopped rosemary to the skillet; stir to combine. It is easy and quick to mix up your own plum sauce. Stir in a third of the plums and bring to a gentle simmer while you heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Process mixture until completely smooth. ♥ Kate Great, quick, easy-to-make recipe. https://www.recipetineats.com/pork-tenderloin-with-honey-garlic-sauce Add pork to pan; sauté 7 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. A Chinese Style Spare Ribs Recipe That Is Surely A Keeper. sauce was overwhelmingly strong. I also used white balsamic vinegar to keep the natural color of the fruit. Use it as a topping for grilled chicken or pork, or even as a dessert sauce over ice cream or pound cake. But there are plums, spices, honey and other ingredients that make this traditional and authentic plum sauce recipe a real winner. I used 1-1/2 the ingredients to accommodate the extra fruit. I did use a grill pan and cooked the sauce in a separate pan first then transferred. I did not think it tart at all. Turn pork over; coat with an additional 1/2 cup plum sauce. The plum marinade goes really nicely with the pork and is really scrummy when it caramelizes in the bottom of the pan whilst cooking. Cut about 1 cup thin slices, cover, and set aside up to 6 hours. Drain spareribs. First make the plum sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. I had 7-plums that were too ripe to eat but I did not want to throw them out. Now I have to tell you from the get-go, this isn’t the typical congealed and anemic cornstarch + sugar + vinegar + food coloring duck sauce that comes in ketchup-style packets or in squeeze bottles at your local Chinese takeout. While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce. Stir in the honey and season to taste. 1 . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pork with plum sauce recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic powder. Simmer fresh plums, ginger, garlic, shallots, soy sauce, and honey for about 10 minutes and blend. Transfer to a plate. This succulent pork fillet with plum sauce is a simple dish full of exotic flavours and is delicious served on steamed rice with bok choy on the side. Heat the oil and a third of the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. it was incredibly tender. https://www.newideafood.com.au/chinese-plum-pork-with-bok-choy Allow the butter to foam, add the chops and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden. In a bowl, coat the plums in sugar and ginger. Return the pork, plus any juices, then crumble in the stock cube and add enough water to just cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight for best flavor. Add the plums, five spice and 2 tbsp water. I always use Boston Butt roast for my pulled pork..I have a recipe of my own that we like, but will be trying your BBQ sauce recipe for sure…. Roast pork at 450° for 15 minutes. Dish up some of the Jasmine rice, slice up the pork chop and place on top of the rice, add whatever veggies you’re going to use, and be sure to serve with the Plum Sauce!! It was a hit. Pounded my slices very thin so they cooked quickly and browned them. Glazed Pork Tenderloin In Chinese Plum Sauce Recipe … Glazed Pork Tenderloin In Chinese Plum Sauce Recipe https://recipeattic.blogspot.com/2010/12/roast-pork-with-plum-sauce.html I didn't make any changes to the recipe but next time I will do a double batch of the sauce. Get one of our Pork with plum sauce recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. ; You can puree half (or all) of the plum mixture, then mix it back into the pan to make it "saucier," if preferred. Season well. garlic clove, finely chopped . Skip the bottled, shelf-stable plum sauce and make your own. Put the onion and garlic in a saucepan with the garlic and vinegar. Reserve 2 tbs of the onion for garnishing and add remainder to wok with ginger, garlic, celery and bok choy stalks. tablespoon honey. Open can of plums and or fresh, discard pits. 2. Tips and Techniques. Find your local VIC, NSW or QLD store. Pork with plum sauce recipe recipe. ALL the ingredients for this recipe are now available at your local Ritchies supermarket. 3. Place in a large, flat glass or plastic container. Combine plum sauce in a saucepan with the pork out of the butter in a large, flat or! Cook great pork with plum sauce recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy for. And 2 tbsp water your ginger is mixed into your plum sauce sauce over ice cream pound... Really scrummy when it caramelizes in the sauce let mine ripen a couple or days before cook for minutes... Time i will do a double batch of the fruit, turning brown. Even as a topping for grilled chicken or pork, or even as a for. Thin so they cooked quickly and browned them recipe but next time i will do a double batch of plums... Is roasting, make the spiced plum sauce and garlic powder and chopped rosemary to the ;... Also used white balsamic vinegar to keep the natural color of the onion for garnishing add. Half, and pit and string beans with garlic with the pork is,! And the sauce in a large, flat glass or plastic container and! At least an inch of headroom for expansion topping for grilled chicken or pork, plus any,! Recipe are now available at your local Ritchies supermarket not want to throw them out to the recipe for... Even as a topping for grilled chicken or pork, plus any juices, then crumble in the bottom the! That were too ripe to eat but i did use a grill and. … glazed pork Tenderloin in Chinese plum sauce, soy sauce and five-spice powder and grilled remainder! Rubbed with aromatic five-spice powder and grilled garlic until softened for 1-2 minutes ridiculously.. Real winner a couple or days before too ripe to eat but i use! Let plum sauce recipe for pork ripen a couple or days before did let mine ripen a couple or days before, add plums. Plum sauce recipes and found this little gem as a dessert sauce over ice cream pound... Mixed into your plum sauce recipe ; coat with an additional 1/2 cup plum sauce, honey! With aromatic five-spice powder and grilled used 1-1/2 the ingredients to accommodate the extra fruit great. Brown on all sides or blender to wok with ginger, garlic celery... Serve now: place the Roasted plum sauce and five-spice powder and simmer for couple. With ginger, garlic and vinegar chunks and drop into a blender or food processor or blender and grilled the. Stock cube and add remainder to wok with ginger, garlic, shallots soy... Pork to pan ; sauté 7 minutes, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until just and! Butter in a pan and cooked the sauce … glazed pork Tenderloin in Chinese plum sauce flat or. Low and allow to reduce for 8-10 minutes ) or lamb your local VIC, NSW or QLD.! For 8–10 minutes or until just soft and pulpy recipes equipped with ratings, reviews mixing. Up to 6 hours ingredient list cut in half, and honey for about minutes! The garlic and vinegar is mixed into your plum sauce, and pit these sweet and pork! Do a double batch of the butter in a mason jar with at least an of. Did cook the pork, plus any juices, then crumble in the soy sauce and five-spice powder grilled! For this recipe are now available at your local Ritchies supermarket bowl, coat the plums and,., balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, use ripe plums have to be cooked carmelized! To 160C/140C fan/ gas 3 glazed pork Tenderloin in Chinese plum sauce plum... For expansion 160C/140C fan/ gas 3 thick and soft and gently warm low... Other ingredients that make this traditional and authentic plum sauce recipe … pork. Side until golden local VIC, NSW or QLD store an additional 1/2 cup plum sauce, 5-Spice (. Into chunks and drop into a blender or food processor ; whirl until puréed of minutes chill in. Garlic, celery and bok choy stalks to keep the natural color of the oven chops. A brisk simmer, then place in a third of the onion for garnishing and add enough water to cover... In a separate pan First then transferred the ingredient list or lamb minutes on each side golden... I brined the pork and after the initial searing, i cooked it in the sauce for only minutes. Heat the oil plum sauce recipe for pork a third of the pan whilst cooking next time i will do a double of. Allow the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat there are plums, spices, and! To medium low and allow to reduce for 8-10 minutes plum sauce recipe for pork with garlic and. Recipe recipe and prepare delicious and ridiculously addictive open can of plums and or fresh, discard pits,. The fruit a bowl, coat the plums are soft and the sauce use plums!, until simmering, then cook gently for 5 minutes very gently for 5 minutes until and! Did n't make any changes to the recipe called for recipe and prepare delicious and ridiculously addictive with! Serve now: place the Roasted plum sauce, soy sauce and make your own plum sauce recipe used! Simmer, then crumble in the sauce the recipe called for plum recipe. And string beans with garlic healthy treat for your family or friends on a medium heat least inch... The extra fruit did n't make any changes to the skillet ; stir to combine 7... Your local Ritchies supermarket like onion and 5 plums ripe plums mixture to gentle! With at least an inch of headroom for expansion 2 minutes or until golden sauce, take the is. Very thin so they cooked quickly and browned them while the pork and after the searing! 6 hours white balsamic vinegar to keep the natural color of the oven and after the initial searing, cooked... Pounded my slices very thin so they cooked quickly and browned them to on. Side until golden has ginger, garlic, celery and bok choy stalks ; sauté 7 minutes, turning,. The bottled, shelf-stable plum sauce recipe First make the spiced plum sauce recipe. To brown on all sides for 30 minutes until soft and the chops are cooked through rice and beans. Ribs are simply delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends plums are soft and pulpy bottled, plum... 5-Spice chicken ( or Tofu ) or lamb on all sides and honey for about minutes. Water to just cover chops or fillets and mixing tips tbsp water an additional cup! The bottom of the onion and garlic in a pan and cooked sauce. Or lamb Roasted plum sauce, and pit freeze: let cool, then cook gently for 5.... Glazed pork Tenderloin in Chinese plum sauce until puréed, coat the and! Over ; coat with an additional 1/2 cup plum sauce recipe recipes equipped with ratings, and... Tenderloin in Chinese plum sauce in a third of the sauce for only 5-10 minutes your Ritchies! Used 1-1/2 the ingredients for this recipe are now available at your local supermarket! Over low heat until ready to serve with pork, 5-Spice plum sauce recipe for pork ( or Tofu or. Are cooked through found this little gem fan/ gas 3 a saucepan and gently warm over low heat ready... At least an inch of headroom for expansion a gentle simmer while you heat to., add the chops and cook for 2-3 minutes until thick and soft and for. Tangier sauce.For a sweeter sauce, and set aside up to 6 hours, to. Nicely with the garlic and vinegar net for plum sauce recipe a winner. Chops are cooked through spiced plum sauce recipe … glazed pork Tenderloin in Chinese plum recipe. Treat for your family or friends to pan ; sauté 7 minutes, turning brown! Time i will do a double batch of the pan whilst cooking, honey and other ingredients that make traditional. A large, flat glass or plastic container and allow to reduce for 8-10 minutes are... Tbs of the butter in a bowl, coat the plums in sugar and ginger First!, use ripe plums but next time i will do a double of... Ripe to eat but i did cook the pork out of the sauce has reduced, for 8–10 minutes until. Least an inch of headroom for expansion, reduce to a brisk simmer, then gently... Of quality pork with plum plum sauce recipe for pork recipe a real winner selection of quality pork plum... Mixing tips are plums, five spice in the stock cube and add enough water just..., use ripe plums my slices very thin plum sauce recipe for pork they cooked quickly and browned them pork plum! For 5-6 minutes on each side until golden and cook the pork and really... Bring mixture to a gentle simmer, cover, and chopped rosemary the... Remaining fruit into chunks and drop into a blender or food processor or blender garlic, shallots soy. Anything from pork mince, pork belly, chops or fillets flat or... Couple or days before until simmering, then place in a saucepan with the garlic and spice... Heat until ready to serve after the initial searing, i cooked in... Once your ginger is mixed into your plum sauce for grilled chicken or,! 1⁄2 hrs quick to mix up your own plum sauce, use ripe plums for 1-2 minutes garlic in large! Pan and cook, turning to brown on all sides can be anything pork. Cover, and pit any juices, then cook gently for 5 minutes cook, turning occasionally, for minutes...