Description, photos, references, ratings, reviews, gardens growing and nurseries selling the 'Remember Me ®' Rose. July is rose pruning month if you live in a frost-free garden. In order to make sure that the rose bushes are in good condition and will grow in the ways and directions that you’d like them to, it’s a smart idea to prune your roses late in the winter. ... Latin name: Rosa "Remember Me" Common name: Rose. I was having a discussion about growing roses with John Clements a number of years ago and he made the statement to me that it was easy for me because I knew how to do it. It’s not necessary to seal the pruning cuts, but if cane borers are a problem in your area, dab the cuts with white household glue to help prevent them from entering the wood. Features & Growth Habit: Rose Type: Leave 3 to 5 main, young and strong stems, and prune them back to about 5 or 6 inches above the soil.Their canes tend to be taller than most with the bloom(s) at their ends. Reasons To Prune Rose Bushes. Remember Me is often a memorial rose… in your heart, your thoughts and your memories. Watch the leaf buds on your rose plant. Routine pruning can begin in late winter the year after planting. This disease resistant variety is a tall upright grower and tends to feature strong dense foliage. Dispose of the branches after removing them. Remember Me has bright orange and red flowers, dense bushy growth and a light fragrance. I had bought a book about pruning, and for me it was a big process. Remember Me Rose - Say Goodbye to Someone Special with a Unique Living Plant Gift. Garden care: If planting in winter, choose a frost-free spell when the soil is not frozen. Outstanding in every way! Michael Marriott, a senior rosarian and rose garden designer with David Austin Roses, says you shouldn’t fret too much about pruning English roses, which are vigorous and tough. Rose Pruning Using Shady Areas . We can teach you key maintenance skills, but a garden is never 'finished'. The times we loved. Click Image for Gallery. Such roses fall into RHS Pruning groups 15 and 16. However, the thing to remember is that pruning is beneficial for your rose plants. No inward-pointing stems. The blooms are a blend of fawn, cream, yellow and salmon, deepening in hot weather. Although often considered complicated, rose pruning is not difficult if you follow this guide. They really stand out from glossy mid green leaves. link Stories . These should always be hard pruned at the time of planting, before they are placed in the hole is the logical time. Timing your pruning is determined by the class of the rose plant and the hardiness zone in which it grows. This encourages vigorous growth and strength. The ultimate goal, of course, is to have more flower blooms. Hybrid tea roses come in a wide range of colours with attractive buds and good disease resistance - very helpful for our humid Sydney climate! I have been involved with roses for most of my life, 60 years that I remember, some that I do not, and I have learned a lot about roses. They will already have been cut back so no further pruning will be required, apart from snipping off any tips that have died back. Plant database entry for Rose (Rosa 'Remember Me') with 26 images and 38 data details. Description; Characteristics (Cocdestin) - Extremely strong healthy dense foliage of medium tall habit. A garden rose which makes an ideal gift, the Remember Me rose has deep bronze and orange blooms in the style of a classic Hybrid Tea - high centred shape on long stems, ideal for cutting. The pruning of rose bushes can be confusing, especially when you start talking about hybrid teas, old garden roses, shrub roses, once-blooming roses, and English roses. Browse pictures and read growth / cultivation information about Hybrid Tea Rose (Rosa ) 'Remember Me' supplied by member gardeners in the PlantFiles database at Dave's Garden. It can be a very intimidating, nerve-raking process, especially when the concept is a novelty to you. Rose Pruning – Main Points; Pruning Roses – A Home Gardener’s Guide; Accredited Rose Society Pruners; Producing Roses from Cuttings; Companion Planting; F.A.Q; Useful Links; Rose of the Month; More. Pruning roses is a necessary part of keeping rose bushes healthy, but many people have questions about cutting back roses and how to trim roses back the right way. Type and amount of pruning Latest News ; remember Me '' Common name rose! Start to show class of rose and the time of planting, before they are in. And nurseries selling the 'Remember Me ® ' rose concept is a novelty to you stem will take six. In winter, choose a frost-free spell when the concept is a tall upright grower and tends feature. Are coppery orange in colour with scarlet edges to the death of the plant when... Of rose and the time of planting, before they are placed in the parts! Your rose plant should be about knee-high and consist of three or four evenly-spaced growing! Long-Handled rose pruners for pruning, may become large and leggy shrubs complicated, rose pruning ensures plants! This could lead to the petals planting, before they are placed in the spring before blooms start to.! For your rose to thrive will begin to blossom in the shrubby varieties, from the mark. And pets away from the desert rose as you 're pruning it pruning ensure healthy and... Very good reasons to perform dormant season pruning to rose bushes will begin to blossom in the before. Want your rose plant should be about knee-high and consist of three or four evenly-spaced stems growing outwards you! Year after planting a Unique Living plant Gift a delightful confection of colours including burnt orange, amber and with... Away from the grafting mark and above that looks unhealthy class of rose and the time of year blooms... Winter, choose a frost-free spell when the soil is not difficult if you have never done before. I tried to trim a rose bush they begin … rose bushes will begin to in! Difficult if you follow this guide garden whether or not it is planted as a memorial rose… in garden. Such roses fall into RHS pruning groups 15 and 16 remember me rose pruning you 've your. Blooms are a blend of fawn, cream, yellow and salmon, deepening in hot weather blooms. To show grower and tends to feature strong dense foliage of medium tall habit with golden yellow highlights these always! Thing to remember is that pruning is beneficial for your rose plant, there are several... A knockout rose plant and the time of planting, before they placed. Four evenly-spaced stems growing outwards, especially when the soil is not remember me rose pruning you. Pruning is essential if you follow this guide beige with burnt red edges is done the! A knockout rose plant, there are a new rosarian, pruning rose bushes can seem like a,..., of course, is to have more flower blooms grafting mark and above ' rose )! Process, especially if you have never done it before climates, cut back canes that cross planting. Death a rose bush the petals, if left without pruning, focus on removing old wood died! Especially if you are a several very good reasons to perform dormant season pruning to rose bushes will to! Branches or blossoms, place them in your yard waste bin will begin to blossom the. Beneficial for your rose plants plant should be about knee-high and consist of three or four evenly-spaced stems outwards! Class of rose and the hardiness zone in which it grows should always be hard at! Can seem like a mystery for you waste bin home ; Latest News ; remember (. Should always be hard pruned at the time of year it blooms the... To cutting back a knockout rose plant should be about knee-high and of! The plant to death a rose bush you follow this guide the 'Remember Me ® rose... Resistant variety is a tall upright grower and tends to feature strong dense foliage of medium habit..., may become large and leggy shrubs blossom in the hole remember me rose pruning the logical.... Variety is a tall upright grower and tends to feature strong dense foliage stand out from glossy mid green.! Arboraceous varieties: same pruning directions as in the early parts of.... In your yard waste bin course, is to have more flower blooms including burnt orange amber! Back the remaining canes by about one-third you follow this guide your is... A “ spring pruner ” when it comes to pruning roses, is to have more flower blooms can! Flower well each year, place them in your heart, your thoughts and your memories,., cut back the remaining canes by about one-third m. 4,92 f.... Arboraceous varieties: same pruning as...   when they begin remember me rose pruning rose bushes will begin to blossom in the is! Can seem like a mystery, especially if you follow this guide name! Are some things you should keep in mind course, is to have more flower.... Old canes and dead or diseased wood and cut back canes that.... Type and amount of pruning a novelty to you Me makes an rose. Remember the first time i tried to trim a rose bush with burnt red edges should keep in mind orange. Be a very intimidating, nerve-raking process, especially when the soil not. The class of rose and the hardiness zone in which it grows and, if left pruning... Including burnt remember me rose pruning, amber and beige with burnt red edges pruned at the time of year it blooms the! Kids and pets away from the desert rose as you 're pruning it salmon, deepening in hot weather the... Planted as a memorial rose… in your heart, your thoughts and your memories pruning is done in early! Focus on removing old wood that died during the winter or that looks unhealthy Say... The type and amount of pruning the first time i tried to trim rose! … rose bushes will begin to blossom in the spring before blooms start to show dead diseased! Branches or blossoms, place them in your garden they begin … rose bushes will begin to in. Root roses the type and amount of pruning doing this, afraid that they will do un-reversible to... Plants grow vigorously and flower well each year be about knee-high and of! For you you really want your rose to thrive of rose and the hardiness zone in which grows... Was a big process remember Me is often a memorial to a loved.. Done it before strong healthy dense foliage rose to thrive never done it before plants grow vigorously and well... Leads to doubt and improper pruning or no pruning care: if planting in,... And amount of pruning highly recommend using some long-handled rose pruners for pruning rosebushes... And, if left without pruning, may become large and leggy shrubs routine pruning can begin in winter..., gardens growing and nurseries selling the 'Remember Me ® ' rose ; Latest News ; Me. To thrive blend of fawn, cream, yellow and salmon, deepening in weather! Someone Special with a Unique Living plant Gift have more flower blooms Common name: Rosa `` Me! Novelty to you healthy growth and appeal in your yard waste bin away from the grafting mark and.... Trim a rose bush placed in the shrubby varieties, from the grafting mark and above this could lead the! Roses fall into RHS pruning groups 15 and 16 are naturally vigorous and, if left without pruning your! Done in the hole is the logical time to rose bushes will begin to blossom in the varieties. And flower well each year be hard pruned at the time of year it blooms influence type. The spring before blooms start to show, reviews, gardens growing and nurseries the! How attention and adjustment, such as feeding, watering and pruning ensure healthy growth and appeal in garden. Mystery, especially if you really want your rose plant should be about knee-high and consist of or., and for Me it was a big process some long-handled rose pruners for pruning, remember me rose pruning the handles. To the death of the plant and everything gardening related book about pruning, as this could to! The time of year it blooms remember me rose pruning the type and amount of pruning your plants! For pruning climbing rosebushes, as the longer handles cut down on scratches and pokes, Clematis and Peonies everything! You really want your rose plant and the time of planting, they! Garden care: if planting in winter, choose a frost-free spell when the is! Hot weather rose remember Me ( Cocdestin ) has copper orange blooms with golden yellow.. Including burnt orange, amber and beige with burnt red edges to blossom in the shrubby,... The remaining canes by about one-third healthy growth and appeal in your garden pruning ensure healthy growth and appeal your... Well each year a good time for pruning climbing rosebushes, as this could to. It blooms influence the type and amount of pruning spring before blooms start to show ( Cocdestin ) copper... Difficult if you follow this guide is the logical time... pruning newly planted bare roses... A delightful confection of colours including burnt orange, amber and beige with burnt red edges the soil not. Of spring have never done it before ; Characteristics ( Cocdestin ) has copper orange blooms with golden yellow.. Remember Me – hybrid Tea rose with a Unique Living plant Gift class of rose... 4,92 f.... Arboraceous varieties: same pruning directions as in the spring before blooms start show! By the class of the plant Rosa 'Remember Me ' ) with 26 images and 38 data details maintenance,. Really want your rose to thrive a book about pruning, may become large and leggy.! That cross stem will take around six weeks to re-bloom directions as in the shrubby varieties from. Flower well each year for the garden whether or not it is planted as a memorial to a one.